View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 10:45 PM   #15
schorched

I picked up my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 recently. This is my first Taurus and I decided to take a chance based on many positive reviews I've read as well as being attracted to the many features built into the model. I've heard all of the hear say jargon as well but I have to say this pistol is built well. My first impression upon inspecting it inside and out was very good, and quite frankly a little suprised considering the slandering this company takes. It points very naturally, has killer Heinie sights, and runs and runs. I've carried multiple Glocks and 2 XD's among other weapons (Smiths, Berettas, Colt 1911 and others). Those others are obviously good weapons, but concerning the models that this Taurus would be comparable to, this pistol has better fit and finish than either of my Xd's, and I loved both of them to death. It's also a more refined pistol than any Glock I've carried, while managing to be just as durably built. It also fits my VERY small hand better than ANY pistol I have EVER owned including my XD9's, and this is a .45. That alone blows my mind a little. Why is it they can make a .45 with decent capacity thats not a brick to hold, and Glock can't (unless it's a compact single stack G36)? I guess the obvious answer is Glock doesn't want to. Now I'm not here to say Taurus makes a BETTER weapon......only that I believe they are now building one that deserves to be in the same class as those other 2 easily. I think it's like someone else mentioned.....if they where charging the same price as the others they would probably be held in better regard and taken more seriously and a bad pistol here and there would then be looked at as the occasional lemon as with other higher priced brands, rather than the product of a junk company, which they are not. Personally I'm just fine and dandy with the price, since I can have my 24/7 pro and go buy a compact Mil Pro .45 to go with it for about the price of one Glock 21 so I'm good with that .

Page generated in 0.02446 seconds with 8 queries