Thread: Draft
View Single Post
Old November 10, 2002, 02:26 PM   #97
Ceol Mhor

Quote:
But you have to realize that to BE an American, you have to accept that it's going to screw up now and then. If you can't accept periods of injustice, gun laws, confiscatory taxation, dissention, self-serving idiots in charge, etc., then maybe America isn't your place.
Well, I think I've seen a fairly long period of injustice, confiscatory taxation, gun laws, and the like. Pretty much my entire life, as a matter of fact. So, when do I get to see a period of freedom and liberty? 'Cuz at this rate, it looks like...never.

Let me be frank. I break laws I don't like. Certainly, there's a risk-vs-reward decision to be made, and some potential punishments are harsh enough to keep me in line. But the general rule is that I will act in accordance with my OWN values, not the government's. History has shown the blind obedience is a sure-fire ticket to tragedy. Life is far too short to let someone else dictate mine.

Page generated in 0.02297 seconds with 8 queries