View Single Post
Old October 7, 2006, 05:33 PM   #1
clayking

Taurus made it right...............

As some of you know, I had problems with a Taurus Tracker 455 (.45ACP), bought new. The gun had been discontinued but I found this one on GunsAmerica for a good price shipped ($350). Well, first trip to the range and only 3-4 of the cylinders would allow the hammer to be cocked. Sent it in, came back in essentially the same conditions. Sent it back after phone call and Taurus paid the shipping. Came back, fired 99/100 but hammer was hard to cock, and gritty..........it just wasn't right. I talked to Taurus, sent them a letter requesting a swap for a .357 if they could not repair it to my satisfaction. They sent me a new gun, though it was another .45. Policy is to replace the same model, with which I have no problem.

Fired the gun today for about 100 rounds and it performed flawlessly. Once I got it sighted in I put five rounds at 15 yards that a 50 cent piece could cover. I blew out the center of the target. I am also pleased at the trigger which was quite crisp and had a just right pull. As Taurus has made this problem right, I will continue to consider them for future purchases..........................ck

Page generated in 0.02106 seconds with 8 queries