View Single Post
Old March 19, 2008, 12:45 AM   #27
Socrates

Thanks for the suggestions. Using an eraser and plastic pen to keep the gun near the break point. Hoping for some spring fatigue. Have a note into wolff asking about the best spring setup for a 'target' 360PD.

I was dry firing last night, and, instead of my finger getting stronger, and, the pull becoming easier, it seems the action is so unnatural it's causing damage, or inflamation, to my trigger finger, in comparision to my left hand.

Simply put, so far, this gun is a TOTAL disaster for some one with large hands, even with custom grips.

It's extremely expensive, comes with really garbage internal parts, no replacements that are forged that I know of, and spring tension that while it may keep the S&W lawyers happy, are truly one of the worst combinations of ergometrics and exteme trigger pull for anyone with large hands.

Something the range officer missed: I tried to pull the trigger slightly, and grab the hammer to shoot the gun single action. One time, I nearly put one up at mortar angle, out across the range.

Since putting on the larger grips, the cut trigger finger from the trigger guard is no longer a problem, but, it's still sharp. Along with custom fitting the boot grips, I may well have a dehorn done on that, if I don't do it myself.

Later this week, I'm going to look at the light 357 tactical loads, since they recoil around 13 ft lbs, but, they come back real fast. I may try buffalbore's 158 .38 special regular loads, since the Plus P version is really a mini 357 load, and recoils like one.

As for smoothness, I'm used to both smooth, light, and short, with a fast reset. The more I study this, the more I think a custom 1911 is more for me, in a Colt CCO, or commander, then this gun. On the otherhand, it is an excellent 38 Special Plus P gun, once I get the trigger down DA to about 5 pounds, and, find a load that recoils in the 10 ft lbs of energy range...

With that combination, it will make a very nice pocket gun for trash take out.

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries