View Single Post
Old November 23, 2002, 10:06 AM   #12
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
Proper procedure, my @&&

If a surgeon follows all proper procedure, paperwork, and regulation- except that TINY part about PROPERLY IDENTIFYING THE PATIENT, and injures that person; that surgeon is in deep, deep (you know what)!

There will rightly be a huge lawsuit and settlement that is NOT in the surgeon's favor.

But law enforcement make the same mistake, causing similarly physical injuries and possibly death (yes, the exact same consequences as a medical mistake) and its all fine and dandy.

Not even a sarcastic "Gee we're sorry. Won't do it again. Sorry we don't have the budget to pay your medical expenses either- just bought a bunch of flash grenades... er ... I mean new uniforms."

One standard for all: if you are entrusted with such great and grave responsibility; you are subject to severe repercussions for failing to properly execute any action.

I have heard enough about "we followed proper procedure" as being an acceptable excuse!

Page generated in 0.03744 seconds with 8 queries