View Single Post
Old February 8, 2006, 09:24 PM   #19
ISP2605

If you ever get the chance to hear LTC Grossman speak in person make every effort to get there. I've heard him twice and talked to him in person. The guy is a great speaker.
As others have said his book isn't about CCW. It's about getting the mindset. That's what too many people lack. I've seen it not only with non-LEOs but LEOs as well. They lack the true mindset that they'll pull the trigger. I remember one guy in particular (non-LEO) who was always the big talker. He would shoot anyone who came on his property, tried to jump him, etc, etc. He was a "by gawd, by golly" kind of guy. I figured he was all hot air. Then the night came when his back was against the wall. He froze. When telling me what happened he still shook and cried. He admitted he didn't know what to do. He had the guns, he had practiced shooting, but he didn't have the mindset.
Seen it in cops too. When I was on SWAT we were set to take off a guy who was holding 2 people hostage. Had one guy who was former military and talked a good story. We all thought he was set to go when the time came. He was #1 on the stick. When it came time to move he refuse to move. Froze in the doorway.
A bit off topic but sort of on topic. Another great speaker not to miss if you get the chance is CWO Michael Durant. He's the Blackhawk pilot who was shot down in Somalia and about the movie "Blackhawk Down". I've heard him twice and talked to him in person. Good guy who has a message that is worth listening to. It's also about getting your head on straight.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 8 queries