View Single Post
Old January 26, 2002, 05:01 PM   #22
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I've never said that the P99 is perfect. But I will never say a Glock is Perfect, no matter how hard they try and push that stupid slogan on me.
It's just an ad slogan. This Bud really isn't for you, and Quality isn't really Job One at Ford, selling cars is. (...and about HK's "No Compromise" nonsense; why did the precision-machined P9S and P7Mx get superceded by the injection-molded USP? )

Quote:
If it's so perfect, why has the Glock changed so much over the years? I'd be willing to bet Glock puts adjustable back straps on their guns, just like the P99, with in 5 years. Heck, H&K is already doing it.
With the SIGpro and the P-99 demonstrating the possibilities of modular polymer grip frames, it's a wonder Glock hasn't followed suit already, especially considering that grip shape is the most-frequent complaint against the Austrian pistols.

Of course they've made changes; gun companies do that all the time. If the P-99 survives in the savagely competetive plastic pistol marketplace (which I hope they do; more gun choices are better gun choices) they'll make some changes over time, too. Replacing that cheesy, fragile plastic punch for drifting out the grip rollpins would be a nice start; if I had a dollar for every one of those I've seen broken, I believe I could buy a P-99.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries