View Single Post
Old January 24, 2001, 06:27 PM   #6
tc556guy

Much of what you state has little meaning and is taken out of context.
I carry a Glock 22. I have done so for several years now. My back up is a Glock 27. I trust both guns totally. The 22 was issued to me; I bought the 27 out of pocket. I would not have done so had I had the slightest doubts about the weapon.
Ref: "Accidental Discharges". There is no such thing as an accidental discharge...just negligent discharges. Yes, there was one officers weapon that had some problems, causing Glock to issue an upgrade several years ago. Does that mean we should condemn the entire line of weapons. One of my coworkers had a true Accidental Discharge with his 1911 45 ACP, blowing a hole in our dispatch window several years ago(later traced to a defective part). Does that one incident mean we should condemn 1911's now?
The total number of bad Glock incidents is, in large part, a creation of the internet. The same incidents are repeated time and time again, on numerous boards, resurrected over and over again. I believe that distorts the true minimal number of such incidents. Given the total number of Glocks in service, you are bound to get a few incidents.
I don't know how they can claim the limp wristing problem is unique to Glocks. You can have a limp wristing problem with any semi auto when the weapon is held improperly so as to negate the recoil assisted functioning of the weapon.
The "number opf rounds fired by LEO's is in no way unique to Glock carrying agencies. The average number of rounds being fired has gone up EVERYWHERE, regardless of the weapon in question.
I believe that it is in large amount due to the amount of training the agency is willing to invest. With the advent of safe action and DAO pistols, some agencies transitioning to semi's may have scrimped on training, believing that the weapon is essentially a "revolver dressed up as an auto". You fight as you train, and we in LE are notorious for scrimping on in-service training. Training is almost the first thing cut during budget crunch times.
I think you sound like a disgruntled 1911 fan, myself.

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 8 queries