View Single Post
Old January 24, 2001, 06:35 PM   #10
neil pilling

Glock perfection

Well weasel I hope that you have an open mind for a reply to your post. Except for the incidents you stated about the guns discharging while in a holter ( I would need to see the findings of the investigation conducted after the incident to make a statement about those discharges)

I would have to say that most of those misfires, accidental shootings were the fault of the person holding the weapon. Again I don't know the level of these officer's training or the fact that they may have been extretemely charged on adreneline during deadly force situation that they lost their fine motor skills and experienced an increase in muscle strength the whole while that they had their fingers on the trigger and the results where the discharge of their duty weapons.

Another thought is the fact that we all know someone who has their hearts in the right place but they are just not safe w/ firearms.

Now weasel you may have a field day w/ that last statement but these are the same people who should not have driver's licenses, own any sharp objects, or chew gum and walk at the same time. And yes, some of these people are hired as police officers.

I would have to say that most of the above incidents were the fault of the officers. But glock has identified faults with the design of their pistols and corrected them to the point that their pistols are the some of the safest on the market.

Now i have given you some possible reasons for the glock discharges you have listed. You seem to only want to blame the gun before you investigated any other possibilities. I'm sorry to say but that just shows a closed minded person who is unable to fathom anything outside of their personal belief even if they are shown the truth.

I did not want to go on about this about this subject for so long. But I felt that I had to.

In a nutshell weasel you are wrong to blame the glock pistol without more information about the above listed incidents.

Page generated in 0.02192 seconds with 8 queries