View Single Post
Old April 24, 2009, 09:27 AM   #23
ClemBert

I thought I'd give an update on what transpired after my original post about my Uberti made 1858 Remmie with standard blue finish. I decided I didn't want to fool around with going through the "repair process" on a firearm that was NIB because I paid for a perfect firearm not one that needed repairs.

I contacted the retailer and they were very nice and very agreeable to swapping it for another one. Unfortunately, they didn't have a standard blue finished one in stock. They contacted the importer and found out that there weren't any available in their stock either and had no idea when a new shipment would come in from Italy. They could tell I was disappointed and without hesitation offered to call the importer back, on my behalf, and ask them to send me a charcoal blue color case hardened model if that was acceptable to me. Well I didn't want to pay an additional $56 for the upgraded finish of the CB-CCH version and they figured that which is why they said it would be considered an even exchange without any additional cost to me. So, of course, how could I resist an offer like that. The importer had UPS pick up the defective firearm and sent me my shinny new replacement.

Below are some pics of the replacement. The pictures aren't great and don't do justice to how nice this firearm looks in person. BTW, the retailer and the importer deserve kudos for making me a happy customer. I raise my frosty mug; This Bud is for Buffalo Arms and Cimarron.

Last edited by ClemBert; April 24, 2009 at 09:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.02652 seconds with 8 queries