View Single Post
Old December 5, 2005, 12:03 AM   #9
gddyup

Quote:
Chest wound problem would probably be tension pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Seal the wound with anything airtight, tape, cellophane from cigarette wrapper, etc. etc. Maintian airway & CPR if necessary
You do not want to seal the wound completely. You want to use a bandage that is sealed only on 3 sides. One side of the bandage needs to be left open to allow pressure form the chest cavity to escape during exhalation. A completely sealed bandage will cause the pneumothorax to become worse since the pressure can not leave the chest cavity.

COM shots typically create some real heavy internal trauma. What you need is plenty of direct pressure on the wound, front and back, and my ALS bus on scene very quickly!!

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement" - Unknown.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

Page generated in 0.04004 seconds with 8 queries