View Single Post
Old January 24, 2006, 12:44 PM   #20
FirstFreedom

WBB, thanks again. I know we've been talking about this in another thread. Where exactly would I find a county agent for a local agriculture dept? I was also thinking of just going to an early morning coffee shop in some small towns and try to talk to the farmers/ranchers there, rather than trying to go farm to farm or use the telephone. I'd rather meet in person, and many farmers do tend to congregate at little coffee shops in town early in the morning.

As far as the no centerfire rule, I don't know where he gets that, but that's straight from the game warden, and those types of rules (no centerfire) are not statewide rules, such as I linked to, but imposed on an area-by-area basis an as additional restriction - they are specific to certain WMAs. But it's true that if there are no additional regs specific to a WMA, you could use a centerfire, since in theory, you can use a centerfire on a squirrel, and it is in fact squirrel season, so you'd be using a harvest tool appropriate for an existing season.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries