View Single Post
Old February 2, 2006, 09:45 PM   #25
whiskey

Use a .22 or a .22mag. Not the shotgun. You have to shoot them just behind the ear hole. Don't get too low or you will just hit the jaw and they will run off. Get too high and the bullet will miss the skull.

Don't shoot them in the forehead. I have seem .38 specials not make it in from the front.

I use .22mag solids and this usually causes such violent brain scrambling that blood shoots out the pigs nose like a garden hose. This will work for big or small pigs.

I am not going to defend using a .22 on hogs. I do it and it works. I have been doing it long enough to know that it works well if the shooter puts the bullet in the right spot. I also use a .44mag, it works too.

If you can only use rimfire or shotgun BB or less then use the .22. The shotgun is not enough. Oh and cutting the shells would probably get you in trouble. You may not find it in the hunting regs, but it is probably illegal if you read the state laws.

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries