View Single Post
Old August 10, 2004, 01:35 PM   #5
tcdrennen

I tried to post this a couple of days ago but for some reason the system wouldn't let me - let's try again

It's an excellent first course in defensive habdgun use, though oriented very specifically to home defense - it is NOT a combat or competition pistol course, though about 75% of it covers much the same area. You will learn and practice aimed and "snap" shooting, become comfortable with double taps on center-of-mass, and learn about establishing defensive positions in your home using cover, etc.

There's also a section on the legal and ethical aspects that must be taught by a lawyer or senior LEO.

The intent is to give you the preparation to defend your self and loved ones in a burgalry/home intruder situation. There is an effort underway to create an NRA course in "street' personal protection (IOW, CCW) but it's a few years off if ever.

I'll recommend it highly for a newcomer to firearms for personal protection

If you're in southern Kalifornistan, I am a certified instructor for the Personal Protection course as well as all the other disciplines except Muzzleloaders and Reloading (yet! )

Page generated in 0.04562 seconds with 8 queries