Thread: Tueller drill
View Single Post
Old February 19, 1999, 10:37 AM   #2
Rob Pincus

The drill suggests that a person can close a significant distance in the time it takes to draw and fire a weapon. Whether or not it covers raising and striking with a hammer I don't know. IT is generally used to represent a charge with a knife, the idea being that even if you do get your gun out and fire, the guy with the knife will have enough momentum going to stab you (contrary to movies where 165gr bullets send 200 lb guys flying through windows...)

Personally, I view the drill as a trqaining aide to get people to understand how fast things happen. I know a lot of people who can "beat" the drill with a train pistol and a well timed side-step, but most people can't. Furthermore, "the drill" is useful for getting people to understand the importance of a dynamic response, as opposed toa static, 3 or 4 count presentation. Analyzing the situation, being prepared, reacting with your whole body, and presenting the weapon rapidly are all stressed during the proper presentation of the theories behind the Tueller Drill.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02857 seconds with 8 queries