View Single Post
Old July 10, 2009, 12:16 AM   #41
RamSlammer

Probability you'll ever have to draw your SD handgun . . . 1 in a few thousand.

Probability you'll actually have to fire a shot . . . 1 in a few more thousand

Probability you'll do both of the above and hit someone . . . 1 in a few more thousand.

Probability you'll do all three of the above and kill someone . . . 1 in a few more thousand.

Probability you'll do all four of the above AND be prosecuted . . . 1 in a few more thousand.

Probability you'll do all five of the above and be prosecuted successfully just because you used handloads . . . almost none.

A meteor will fall from the sky and hit just you long before you get into trouble for using handloads in a self defense role.

In the day and age of $1.50 a shot factory SD loads (which you should practice with if you're gonna use them for serious work), I'll buy some Gold Dot bullets (or similar good hollowponts), fire up the press and take my chances.

P.S.: And, I'm going to load my rounds with the optimum bullet, powder charge and primer combination to kill humans in their tracks via the most devastating effectiveness I can possibly concoct. Isn't that what good self defense ammunition should do?

Last edited by RamSlammer; July 10, 2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added post script.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries