View Single Post
Old August 10, 2009, 08:33 AM   #1
ZeSpectre

Rant - Firearms vandalism

I freely admit that this is a rant but I need to blow off some steam.
Went out to my favorite public range on Saturday and discovered that someone (or several persons) had decided that it'd be a good idea to blow a bunch of holes in the corrugated steel roof over the shooting benches. Well there were already a few holes from previous vandalism and/or negligent discharges so although it's annoying I wasn't about to get riled up over that.

However

Some dipstick, blockheaded, $*^&%%!!! had also decided that it'd be cool to shoot the support posts, the trash cans, the benches, the pit toilet house (missed the toilet itself thank the maker), saw down a couple of small trees with gunfire, AND shot up every single sign in the immediate area. (I suppose the large "beeramid" of 16oz cans I found might also indicate a contributing factor to the situation )

So not only did they destroy a bunch of shared property but in order to do a few of the other things (saw down the trees and shoot the bath-house) they had to have been firing BACK ALONG THE ENTRANCE ROAD!

Cripes! A small group of us have been working hard to keep this place picked up and OPEN and some jackasses have to pull this crap! It made me mad then and I've been getting more angry the longer I think about it. I have a certain reluctance about getting the rangers involved because I'm concerned that someone will say "well, I guess we have to just shut it all down" but I can't let it be when these idiots are quite literally shooting back down the access road!

I'm so angry I could chew wire and spit nails today. Thanks for letting me vent.

Page generated in 0.04181 seconds with 8 queries