View Single Post
Old September 10, 2002, 06:09 PM   #9
sven

We are doing this every month, for sure.

We had a great turnout this month... Hand_Rifle_Guy brought an ARSENAL as well as some really cool friends who I was happy to meet. I wanted to post a full update, but basically H_R_G lived up to his name, bringing all sorts of hand cannons to try out.

HRG's friend "M" was shooting .454 Casull (he was due to pick up his .454 the next day, so he shot the range gun), which caused the entire range to come over and check things out... I couldn't BELIEVE the .454... what a powerful round in a handgun. Amazing. Loud as hell. Fun to shoot.

Also shot HRG's vintage 44-long rifle, a now-illegal-to-buy Steyr wonder-9 with an 18 shot clip and gas-recoil system (?)... and the sad thing was there were literally 6 more guns we didn't get to try because the range closed at 9....

Reed's is starting a Monday night bullseye competition (sadly, same night as Targetmasters), so if you want to compete, pick up the flyers at the store and check it out. You can come to TFL night, check out for a minute and shoot in the competition, and then come back... no problem.

BEGIN REEDS WEBSITE RANT

Now, if Reed's had their ******* website together, I could have just posted a link to the competition info, but no.... no website for Reed's range yet (of any substance, anyhow). I gave them a proposal to update their website for FREE (in exchange for range time) and haven't heard back jack (yes or no), which is sorta frustrating, because I really do good work and want to get their site nailed.

Just finished Hakan's Custom Grips website, and hope to show this to the Reed's folks to maybe convince them that they could do better, but.... I'm not holding my breath.

END RANT

ANYHOW,

Who is in for next month?

-sven

Page generated in 0.03566 seconds with 8 queries