View Single Post
Old March 14, 2009, 06:14 PM   #15
rantingredneck

Quote:
and recoil is often an issue with a SG.
Let me be clear. My wife is comfortable and competent with a shotgun. She has fired Mossberg 500's and 835's (mine and her dad's) quite a bit over the years. She has even fired 3 1/2" magnum 00 buckshot without complaint.

That being said I keep managed recoil rounds in the gun for faster followup and better patterning. The gun liking that particular load has as much to do with the choice as recoil management.

She was raised around rifles and shotguns as her dad is a lifelong hunter. Never had a handgun growing up in the house though (for that matter neither did I, got my first one when I was 21 and in college). Her comfort level is with the shotgun.

Though I would prefer she carry a handgun both at home and while out, it just ain't happening yet. We've had the talks, she knows the statistics. Repeating it repeatedly hasn't changed anything. The closest she came was a couple years ago a friend of hers was going to take the concealed carry course and the two of them were talking about doing it together. They procrastinated. Her friend took another job in another city and they've drifted apart. Seems like a missed opportunity.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.07601 seconds with 8 queries