View Single Post
Old March 14, 2009, 11:26 PM   #24
rantingredneck

She never really gives me an answer. Often it's just a roll of the eyes or "I don't want to talk about this". I don't push, because she doesn't respond well to pushing.

She has told me (years ago) that she didn't like handguns. She hasn't directly said that in near 10 years though. Since then, she has shot with me at the range, not alot, not enough by my standards, but she has made an effort. Handguns, shotguns, and rimfire rifles. It takes a lot to get her to go and she doesn't go often. She knows how the various firearms here function (Ruger P-series autos and revolvers when it comes to handguns). We've worked on malfunction drills with the autos, but when it comes to handguns, she's more comfortable with the point and click nature of revolvers. That does not translate into her being comfortable enough to have a revolver on her or accessible when I'm away. The shotgun she's comfortable with.

I actually made the mistake of buying her a handgun about 5 years ago. She never took the class/got her permit or even carried it in her car. It stayed locked up in the safe until we sold it about 2 years ago.

Basically I'd like her to be more interested but I don't know how to get here there. I don't worry so much about her not knowing what to do, it's more of a worry about her being caught in a situation either at home or while out with nothing readily at hand.

As another measure, I'm considering adding a quick access safe to the mix and putting a GP100 loaded with .38+P's in it.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.03253 seconds with 8 queries