Thread: Taurus quality
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2008, 04:53 PM   #1
crobar

Taurus quality

I just purchased a Taurus 4410 which is their fairly new 410/45 Colt revolver. I took a chance on Taurus because they are the only ones with this type of gun. (As far as I know.) I inspected it with a 5 power loupe and was surprised in two ways - One is that the overall fit, finish and action was better than I expected. The second was that I found two areas that had what I would call "metallergic flaws". The front edge of the cylinder had two obvious pockets of missing metal. The largest was easily visible with the naked eye and approximately 1/8" in length 1/16" in width and 1/16" in the deepest part of the crater. Also the front plastic (hi-viz) light tube would not stay put and was lost somewhere in my wife's easy chair as she was checking the gun out.
I have never seen this type of flaw in any of my Colt & S&W revolvers. The front sight problem is an easy fix but I was uncomfortable with the pockets of missing metal. If there are pockets on the outside of the cylinder what is to say there aren't pockets on the inside of the cylinder which could easily be a safety issue? We returned the gun and our money was refunded. I would still recommend Taurus but would advise a closer than normal inspection. This gun by the way came from China. I assume that the parts are made in Brazil and then shipped to China for final assembly.

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries