View Single Post
Old January 11, 2010, 08:18 AM   #1
30cal_Fun

My First RIFLE Mosin Nagant PU sniper 1943 Izhevsk LOT OF PICS!

Hello everyone,

First of all; It good to be a member of this forum. I have allways been interested in arms of any kind (especially firearms) and the past 2 years have been a member of a local firearms club. there's a lot of knowledge and experience here which I have learned a lot from.
Thanks Everyone!

I bought my first rifle a few months ago when I finaly got my licence (here in Holland it takes at least 1,5 years from joining a range and club before you can buy a firearm). the rifle shoots great, the rifling is very strong, and the rifle is very forgiving.
The corrosive ammo (Chech 67 silvertip steelcore, berdan primed) can be a pain in the butt to clean, but I've gotten pretty handy with copper brush and Ballistol :P

Its a 1943 Izhevsk PU sniper. the first time I went to the range with my new rifle (after getting the scope zeroed and the barrel warmed up), even though it was winter and raining wet snow , I shot a 2 MOA group with the Chech surplus, it made my day.
(my feet were soaking wet and I had no feeling in my fingers left )
I suspect it was first an ordinary infantry rifle that was build up with a mount and scope, and it has been re-crowned as well, but it shoots great.

Right now I have more of a chin weld than a cheek weld, but I plan on putting something on it, any tips?, I heard an Eagle Cheek pad works well.
I see now that I can only upload three pictures at a time, so more will follow!

Enjoy the pics and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!, Louis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0217 s.JPG (160.5 KB, 846 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0221 s.JPG (162.4 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0222 s.JPG (139.3 KB, 565 views)

Page generated in 0.03953 seconds with 9 queries