View Single Post
Old January 18, 2010, 12:13 PM   #17
30cal_Fun

Thanks bop!
Im young (20 years old) so there is still a lot for me to learn.

In Holland there is still pretty much a tabboo on shooting, most don't really see it as a sport. If you say you shoot (even when emphasizing its at paper targets) people often react by thinking your aggresive and violent .
Very strange considiring the fact that shooting is (one of) the safest sport here because of all the rules, regulations and random police checks. In 40 years there hasn't been a serious accident at my shooting club.
The government doesn't maintain any shooting ranges (except military) so clubs are on their own to create oppertunities.
all this means there isn't a shooting-culture like in the US. there is hardly a handfull of people at my club that have some real knowledge and experience with things like handloading.

So Im very grateful there are forums like this where there is so much knowledge and experience about firearms, ammunition and everything that has to do with it. I have only recently become a member of this forum, but in the past years I've been intersted in firearms I've really learned a lot from everyone around here.

Thanks and take care, Louis

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries