View Single Post
Old January 8, 2008, 09:02 PM   #16
mellow_c

Alright, So I've pretty much decided I'm gona go with the DPMS AP4 AR-10. A few of you guys said you have that gun. I was just wondering what kind of accuracy I can expect out of the 16" barrel. Also where should I get extra mags for it? The ones from DPMS are like $50. I can get a brand new one (not even the floor model) With the flat top and Quad rail from Jenson arms in Loveland CO. For about $1270 after Tax. Sounds good since it comes with everything I need.

I read on the DPMS Web site That using pretty much any type of surplus or reloaded ammo will void your warranty. They go on to list all the reasons why not to use surplus, and I was impressed with their explanation. I'm confident that if I use decent ammo that I'll never have a problem with the gun, and even though it will be more expensive to shoot, I will probably learn to take more time with each bullet. Hopefully improving my skills more than if I just went and shot a bunch of surplus.

With that said, I might buy a Mini 14 down the road to shoot the cheaper .223 and use surplus in that. And use my AR-10 for more serious "make every shot count" type shooting. Well, thanx to all of you for your posts. I feel like I can sleep better at night now that I'm not running 3 or 4 different guns though my mind as soon as my head hits the pillow. lol. I'm still open to more input though, I have to wait another pay check or two before I can buy it. So who knows, I might still change my mind. Thanx again everyone!

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries