View Single Post
Old December 1, 2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Jay1958

I don't know if this was your intention or not, but your comment quoted below could be interpreted to mean that you think that firearms training is "time and money lost".

The firearms training that I have had was most definitely time and money well spent - a bargain in my opinion, and well worth many times over my investment both in time and money.

Just for the record, when I have been to firearms training in the past, and when I take more training in the future, I do not "want to be told what to do and how to think". I question everything. There have been times when I was very resistant to and unconvinced about what I was being taught. I incorporate what works, and what makes sense to me, and adopt my own personal style and approach from what I believe to be the best of what I am taught.

While I may have only agreed with about 60-70%% of what I have been taught -at first-, over time I would estimate that 90%+ of what I have learned has been useful and beneficial. The instructors I have trained under were highly skilled and even when I thought they were full of bull, I kept an open mind and gave 'their way' an honest try. In most cases, I have learned that they were right! The other 5-10% that I am still not convinced, I put down to honest differences of opinion, experience or personal capability, and don't incorporate that.

sw_florida wrote:
Quote:
People who go to one week long gun fighting schools are people who want to be told what to do and how to think. Let them. It's their time and their money and their loss.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries