View Single Post
Old October 21, 1999, 05:49 AM   #10
dog3

This has been a really fun thread. I just sorta wanted to share a few oddball folks I've encountered over the years, although I don't know what their names are.

The first that come to mind are this couple, mebbe you've seen 'em, mebbe not. She is about 5' even and 300lbs, knee length hair and wears a flower print tent, he is about 6' even, mebbe 150lbs soaking wet, cowboy boots, black jeans and slick short hair. They take the last lane, have one long barreled Ruger Blackhawk and 3 ammo cans full of boxes with taped labels with lotsa hand scribbed notes. They use paper plates at targets and run them alllll the way down, and don't replace them until the center is totally shot out. Real nice folks, but others warn you not to invite them out to shoot trap 'cause its the same story. Their trap gun is a presentation LC Smith 16 which they share, shells come outta box with hand written labels and they never miss. Their favorite joke is to offer up a box of handloads for you to try and in there somewhere is one loaded with Pyrodex. Nice folks.

The Human Ransom Rest.
Theres always one in every cycle. Usually female, never held a weapon before, often inner city. First day at the range, they do exactly what they are told. You are zeroing their 16 for 'em. Every time you make an adjustment, their little tiny chewed up hole moves exactly the amount of the adjustment. You toy with their sights cause you can't belive it, but there it is, each group. You know the 16 is junk, but they don't know anything that you haven't told them and they trust you implicitly. You make a note of the weapon number to check it out later, cause you could never shoot that tight yourself. The qualify expert of course, and you really wish they were going combat arms, but they are off to become supply clerks, jag assistants or whatever. Oh well. They do the same thing with the M1911. (I was out before the Beretta was in). You may see them later in life, they have orange or blue hair and may cross your mind in those moments before you really wake up. Strange.

Page generated in 0.02799 seconds with 8 queries