View Single Post
Old April 21, 2008, 10:17 AM   #25
Technosavant

Quote:
Doesn't God protect his flock, especially those who take time out of their busy live's to worship him? If your a true Christian why don't you put your faith in God and his ultimate wisdom, because it's all part of his plan? Besides what would he protect more than a church?

It seems a bit arrogant to pray for God's protection but than show him that you have no faith in his protection by carrying a gun.
A man was trapped on a sinking boat. He prayed for God's deliverance. A helicopter came, but he refused rescue, saying God will save him. Another boat came, but he again refused rescue for the same reason. Finally, the boat sank and he drowned. When before God, he asked "God, why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "I sent a boat and a helicopter! What more did you want!"

I submit that it is not arrogant to carry tools of defense in church. A church building is only a building, no more sacred than anywhere else the people of God happen to be. Theologically, there's nothing significant about a church building, since the church is the PEOPLE, not the walls and roof. Therefore, under your viewpoint, there's no reason to prepare for defense anywhere, since God will protect His people everywhere.

He doesn't always keep bad things from happening (that's another theological ball of wax, and off topic). So His people should be prepared to handle things. We wear seat belts, maintain insurance coverage, and carry firearms. It is quite clear from history that God doesn't give blanket protection to churches, unless you plan to claim those people killed in a church were not true Christians.

As the preacher, I am armed every time I'm in the building (unless it is an election day, when state laws prohibit CCW in polling places). For sure I'm armed at every worship service, and I have the best field of fire.

As for the "don't go to church" folks, well, this isn't too much different from "what 1911 do you like" and people chime in with "Glock 19." Feel no need to announce to the rest of us your religious preference.

Page generated in 0.02476 seconds with 8 queries