View Single Post
Old October 13, 2001, 01:58 AM   #15
Jim March

Yep, there's a review and pics on gunblast, the URL is already in this thread up above: http://www.gunblast.com/Birdshead.htm

First issue is that I hope it's 7.5" long as measured parallel to the barrel, for the Calif market .

Second, I'm not sure I like their bird's head grip. I'd have to feel it of course. I suspect that for modest power levels around 45ACP or less, the NCO Lightning frame would be nicer . More than that might beat the hell out of the web of your hand.

Anyways, if you started with a 4.6" barrel model which can often be had at discount and add the NCO frame, you'd be at around the same price as the Ruger factory bird's-head. Or you could get a double-caliber Vaquero which is available in the 4.6" tube but NOT the Sheriff's models, and add the NCO frame...so far, the Sheriff's have been single-caliber only and adding a second fitted cylinder later can be pricey. So far, the double-caliber setups I've seen include:

.45ACP and .45LC

.357 and 9mm

.38-40 and .40S&W (the latter can easily be converted to 10mm or 10mm Magnum!)

The Qualitas grip frame also has a decent reputation, and can probably handle bigger recoil than the NCO.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries