View Single Post
Old November 25, 2002, 11:32 AM   #14
Handy

The upshot of all this is that, philisophically, no one SHOULD have a Glock ND, but many people have and do. The only ND at my old IDPA club was by a very intelligent and trained lawyer who shot his own calf in a car with a G17. He was no idiot or screwball, and had much formal training and practice.

The answer to your question is that Glock's are less tolerant of handling "errors" and there seem to be more ND's associated with this weapon than others using a heavier first trigger pull (Sig, Beretta, etc.)

Personally, I took my own advice and installed a NY trigger in my G19. Requiring a slightly stronger and more deliberate trigger pull, it better guards against fumbling and doesn't affect shooting.

The problem with arguing, "Good training and discipline are the only safeties you need" is that everyone makes mistakes when using their hands. Unless you've never dropped a dish, touched a hot burner or cut yourself in the kitchen; your fingers are liable to end up where you don't want them. Whether this happens when you're handling a Glock or not is just chance.

Page generated in 0.03052 seconds with 8 queries