View Single Post
Old January 11, 2006, 01:27 PM   #15
Bob79

Somerled- you're right. Training is very overlooked at most police departments unless you're in some type of SWAT unit. Usually its just "OK when the target turns fire X amount of shots". Standing in a range with static targets that are completely flat facing you is pretty easy to do, and makes qualifying easy even for those who are bad shots.

But I've seen time and time again where people on the web bash cops for their shooting accuracy in response to an article that was written about an incident. Usually I ignore them, but once in a while I respond. I don't care how good of a shot you are in the range with a fixed target, and relatively no stress, the real world is no comparison. I would challenge these people to do something as basic as get thier heart rate up before they fire at the range. Sure you'll look goofy doing some jumping jacks or push-ups right before you fire a magazine but you'll see how even doing that changes your accuracy. Fine motor skills began to dimish at something like 90-100+ BPM, and I assure you when you're in a life or death situation like officers in the line of duty you won't have a nice 60BPM heart rate going.

Page generated in 0.02329 seconds with 8 queries