View Single Post
Old August 25, 2009, 01:47 PM   #96
bababooey32

Quote:
Asking that people carrying weapons into my home let me know that fact isn't unreasonable or anti-gun.
I respectfully disagree. And, BTW, you are asking only to have GUNS declared at the door, not weapons. A 4in folder in my pocket will kill you as fast or faster than my LCP - you have only requested to be informed about one of them. That is both unreasonable and "anti-gun" (literally).

Furthermore, it is borderline illegal for me to "declare" that I am carrying a concealed firearm. Part of "concealed" is being discreet. If I have to tell everyone I meet that I am carrying so they can decide if they are offended, I have defeated the purpose of said concealment.

Quote:
Insistence on carrying everywhere is no more or less a control issue than someone controlling what comes into their "cave".
Insisting on carrying everywhere is insisting on being safe everywhere. It's not about control...Insisting that people cease protecting themselves to ease some(?) concern is about control. I added the "?" because I'm not yet sure what the concern is over? Being on this board means you are not anti-gun, so why do you care if a friend responsibly carries in your home. Keep in mind, "responsible" means that you would never know they were carrying!

Page generated in 0.03085 seconds with 8 queries