View Single Post
Old May 10, 2005, 12:09 AM   #5
F350Lawman

Every single person on this forum carries a drivers license or non-drivers ID as we speak now. If a national ID containing similar info is created.... no biggie. The only thing I want to see is it be required for airline travel, opening bank accounts, applying for social services, employment, etc, so it can be used to catch and deport illegals, wanted persons, etc.

A card that has my photo, address and DOB and says that I am a legal resident of the U.S., I have no problem with that, throw my blood type and emergency contact on as well so that if I am seriously injured the can save time. I carry all of that and more now, the only thing is it is on different cards. I NEED them all with me 24/7 to verify my status as a driver, retired LEO, private investigator, pay social security, pistol permit holder, registered voter, etc. Without these ID's I can't travel on a plane, gain entrance to certain buildings etc.

Let's make it easier for an officer in Wisconsin, a social services worker in Montana, or a poll worker in Iowa, to look at one card and tell if the guy from NY is wanted, is illegal, is on parole/probation, is on some watch list, owes 40,000 in child support, can't legally vote, etc. The way it is now there are a zilllion different IDs so it's harder to spot the frauds. Make the new card HARD TO FAKE, and use the latest in technology to connect the databases.

As long as they don't change the laws regarding when LEO's can demand ID, I don't think it will change the law abiding citizens life one bit. When stopped under the common law right of inquiry you'll still be able to say..."no, go F youreslf to the LEO", if you choose.

For most things we need to show ID for, us good citizens are already turning over info by showing proper ID, lets make it harder for all the frauds, scammers, illegals, and criminals out there

Me, I've got nothing to hide. The U.S. government knows where I live, the NYC governement knows where I retired to, the NY Sate goverment knows too, so does the Motor Vehicle, Social Services, Dept of State, Dept of Finance, Dept of Licensing, my HMO, the local Government, the tax assessor, building inspector, all the merchants I do business with, my employer, etc., etc. etc

I am supposed to be worried about a national database that spits out a card with less info. than I send to the Feds every year on my tax return???? I know some guys immediately think there will be checkpoints, tracking and monitioring. I don't agree. I think we can have a national ID card and maintain the current level of freedom.

Oh, and by the way how many of you guys us EZ Pass or some other device to pay tolls? This provides REAL TIME tracking of your vehicle to any minimum wage flunky at their office??? I mean if you want to be paranoid..maybe the CIA is tracking you as we speak. How hard would it be to hack EZ Passes DB??????? Wwhat about your Metro Pass or other public transportation payment card, are they tracking that??? How about the cameras that are all over major ciies, are they using facial recognition software to track you at lunch everyday??? Don't you have a cell phone, maybe they are triangulating you as I type this??? If it's GPS equipped they won't even need to do that.

Life is too short, and my particular life is too boring to warrant anyone being that interested in me. I think you guys are flattering yourselves when you think this is a sinister plot to track the citizens.

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries