View Single Post
Old December 1, 2002, 12:40 PM   #16
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks, Chris. As for the instruction, feel free. Just remember that not all good shooters are good teachers too. Still, hands on practice under close supervision and with a good shooter will be helpful, IMO.

Pumps do not get used all that much at games other than trap except for hard core pumpgunners like me. And, surprisingly enough,we do very well sometimes. On another BB, someone mentioned that the current Ohio SC champ shoots an 870. It's a bit harder to excell when pitted against good shooters using autos and doubles, but far from impossible.

The big advantage to using a pump at games is WHEN THAT PUMP OR SIMILAR is used for other shotgun stuff like HD and hunting. Even a duffer like me at 5 stand does well in the field, sometimes amazingly well. Even did a true triple on a quail covey rise.Lots of auto shooters with quail experience can tell you how difficult that is with a self shucker.

Finally,and off topic, there's probably still a video kicking around a certain MD Prison showing a cell extraction that I supervised. I caught a little heck when the tape was reviewed, the camera showed me starting the extraction by muttering, "Once more into the breach, dear friends"...

One of the blessings I've enjoyed has been having a good education pounded into my thick, peasant skull.

Ed, haven't had a prob, but thanks for the tip...

Page generated in 0.04009 seconds with 8 queries