View Single Post
Old June 13, 2007, 03:11 PM   #20
black bear 84

THE COAST MINI LIGHT

I discovered this small light a few years ago in the fishing aisle of a Wal Mart store, it was perfect for tying small flies to the end of my 5x tippet when fly fishing in the dark.
Clipped to the pocket of my fishing vest the neck could be positioned as desired for the light to fall in on the fly, it took just a few days to realize that was ideal for writing tickets or for navigating with map and compass in the woods or when doing as a co pilot in the car.

The instructions said something like 90 hours of light, it most be right because in four years of using it a lot, I haven’t yet put new batteries on it.

The batteries are four of the AG 5 button cells, not exactly a household item, but available in Walgreens or Eckers.

The light is a kind of flood, not too intense as to make you lost your night vision, but enough for the chores I mentioned.

The little light also has a ring to hang it from your neck or attach it to your key chain, but my preferred method is to clip it to the shirt pocket, there is so small and unobtrusive that is hardly noticeable.
Or you also can clip it to the bill of your cap, like that I have recently exchanged a faulty wall switch, and it is much better than holding a bigger light in your mouth.

I think that I pay for it near ten dollars, well worth the price if you like me are a user of lights.

Cheers
Black Bear
e-mail [email protected]

Page generated in 0.03565 seconds with 8 queries