View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 12:00 PM   #5
adam0bomb

yes thank you i am very blessed to be alive.i can still feel that rush of the bullet whipping past my head.my two friends were standing right next to me when it happened so thank god they were not in the way.it could have been so much worse so many different ways.anyone who has loaded a muzzleloader knows you some times put yer whole body or torso right over the barrel!please think about what body parts you have in the way of that barrel!lol one friend insists on loading his gun by pushing the ramrod against a tree.having that muzzleloader go off like it did while loading it the same way since i had it new was just a bummer.i loved that gun and have shot countless deer with it including my very first when i was 10.some people ive talked to suggest the ember was some how trapped in the threads of the breach.

i have also considered suing the maker of the 209 conversion kit...what if this is a poorly engineered product?i have shot this gun since new with the previous no11 caps for years.the night before the accident i totally disassembled the gun and throughly cleaned it then installed the new 209 kit.next day after just 2 shots it did this.did i do something wrong?should i have swabbed between shots..yes i should have.but whoops i forgot.my friend sits there with his muzzleloader and loads it while smoke is still rolling out the barrel.ya hes dumb but he does this all the time.

Last edited by adam0bomb; February 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries