View Single Post
Old July 7, 2008, 06:22 AM   #17
Magnum Wheel Man

I ran some old Federal 2&3/4" - 7/8 ounce slugs through mine this weekend... still having trouble getting them to eject ( seems like the hulls are too long )... I'd had that problem before with folded crimp shells... these were roll crimp, & still got stuck during eject...

my 2 test boxes of minis should be here today or tomorrow

then to try to get the new adjustable sights adjusted the 7/8 ounce slugs were shooting 4" left & 8" low with the new sights... before I adjust them ( which I expect I'll have to do ), I want to try both the minis, & a one ounce slug, then adjust the sights as close as possible... either for the minis, or to work the best with all the slugs ( depending on what my groups with the 3 look like )

I'm hoping that since mine seems to be sensitive to shell length, that it "might" work with out too much tweaking with the minis...

... I think I posted a link for the guy that does action tuning, earlier in this thread... he is the guy that actually went to China as part of the design process, so he's very familiar with the shot gun, & claims to be able to fix alot of it's quirks... I have spoke to him about my ejection problem, & he claims he can fix that... but the cost of an action tune is almost what I paid for the shot gun, I have not talked to him about the minis, as they were an after thought... but I'll probably let my local "smithy" buddy look at it 1st, & if he doesn't think he can fix it, to work with the minis, I'll give the other guy a call...

Page generated in 0.03109 seconds with 8 queries