View Single Post
Old July 9, 2008, 08:41 AM   #21
Magnum Wheel Man

so shooting the minis... ( one at a time ) was very pleasant in the lever gun, but they would not feed at all, pulling 1.5 shells from the tube at a time... would also not work if one was set on the lift fork ...

I'll do some group & penitration tests this weekend, & if I think I can live with the power level, I'll look at what if anything can be done to make them feed through the action

...If I can live with the power & penitration level of the minis, I don't have a problem permanently altering the gun, to make it a dedicated mini shooter, provided it's possible to do so, with out effecting the reliability of the action... 10 rounds in the tube, would make it a formidable home defense gun, or a great short distance youth or wifes deer gun ( provided there is enough power there for 25-30 yard shots at deer ??? )... I'm trying to talk MRS MAGNUM into deer hunting this fall, & she has no interest in shoot a "normal" slug gun... if this doesn't pan out, she may be using a Contender handgun in 30-30 which is also legal in this zone...

Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 8 queries