View Single Post
Old July 15, 2008, 11:06 AM   #22
Magnum Wheel Man

hmmm... what a difference in point of impact between 7/8oz Aguila & Federal slugs, & one oz Remington & Federal slugs...

2 days later, & my shoulder still feels it... 20 slugs off the bench, in about a 1/2 hour on Sunday evening...

1st off, everything seemed to group well ( between brand & weight of slug ), with the Remington & Federal 1 oz slugs being pretty close together... but talk about extreme spreads... with the adjustable sights corrected for windage, & not adjusted for elevation ( they all grouped reasonably close as far as windage goes )... the Aguilas were like 8" high of point of aim, the Federal 7/8 oz almost point of aim, the Federal 1 oz hit 14" low, with the Remington 1 oz hitting 16" low of point of aim all at 25 yards... the adjustable rear sight would not adjust enough with the raised adjustable front bead to bring the point of impact to point of aim, without some modification...

... however I was able to dial in both 7/8 oz slugs... & thought the minis did a fine job, penitrating & exiting the new steel drum I used for a target backer... blowing larger than I'm used to, holes thru the drum... I'm confident the mini's would do a fine job on deer at 25 yards...

my next time out, I'll take the target out to 50 yards... & test for accuracy & penitration... now I'll need to talk to my smithing buddy about whats needed to get the minis to feed in the lever action ???

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries