View Single Post
Old March 27, 2007, 03:57 PM   #24
Rangefinder

Quote:
Cedar police investigate home-invasion rape
Deseret News (Salt Lake City), Nov 6, 2006

CEDAR CITY -- Police are investigating the reported rape of an 18- year-old woman.
Now the really scary part----This is where I live! And I never heard a thing about it till now. The really sad part is that it doesn't surprise me that it never made local news because the local media all seem to have a lovely way of censoring out anything that could make the town appear less than a perfect "white-picket fence, everything's just lovely" community--which it is far from. (I could list many such things the media swept away like a Playboy mag in the confession booth, but it wouldn't be worth the time to type such a long list).

Quote:
...that I live in a decent enough neighborhood that the last thing on my mind is where do I put my gun when I shower...
Ya, I use to think that too--being a quaint little town of 26K (including the university population) and being about 80% mormon. Funny how image and reality don't always parallel.

Back on the topic--fortunately for me, I don't worry about needing a sidearm handy in the shower. I get my showers either first thing in the morning, or last thing at night, so everything as a general rule is still or already locked up tight. There's only one way into my apartment unless you're a double-jointed micro-midget, and I'm an antique weapons practicioner/instructor/collector from hell. There is nowhere that a nasty piece of sharp steel isn't within reach in my house. A handgun would be the last of a would-be invader's worries--fear the scimitar more, it'll hurt a whole lot worse before it's all over (closest reach from the shower).

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.

Last edited by Rangefinder; March 27, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries