View Single Post
Old November 30, 2005, 05:04 AM   #10
MasterPieceArms.com

cntryboy1289, you hit the nail on the head with saying that the mag discon safety "can be both a blessing and your worst nightmare," then came this:

Quote:
I will simply say that if there is ever an accident with one of your guns, you will be held at fault
That is quite an assumption + amazing use of a crystal ball. Since of course, every situation is the same, predicting that I "will" be at fault MUST be correct . I try not to use superlatives too much but that is in the running for the stupidest thing I have ever read. There is no logic in predicting such a thing. Disabling the safeties I've mentioned, you forget, essentially only turns the gun into the same as 99.99% of what's out there (comparatively hardly any guns in circulation have either the mag discon OR the squeeze grip "safety"). So, based on your "logic" cntryboy1289, making my guns on par with nearly everything else in circulation, subtly predisposes me to "an accident" and not only that, it guarantees that I "will be held at fault?" Good night nurse, I've heard it all now .

Quote:
A wise and savy shooter will live very sucessfully with his safeties.
I think it's wiser to make an improvment, as opposed to learning to "live with" something that is not necessary.

Quote:
but, safeties are many times designed to let you know that your gun is not loaded (viz. Browning.)
That is not a safety, passive or otherwise, it is an indicator, an information source. My speedometer provides information that will help me avoid an accident, but it is not, in any way, either a manual (obviously) or even a passive safety. A safety mechanically prevents something, under certain condtions when activated either manually or passively.

By and large, I'd say that most responses to my topic have been very well thought out.

Page generated in 0.02372 seconds with 8 queries