View Single Post
Old November 30, 2005, 01:34 PM   #13
cntryboy1289

only trying to warn you

Fremmer, I was simply trying to let the man know that no one is perfect and we all have things happen that can't be predicted. If you do something like remove the safety or prevent it from working, I can gaurantee you that you will be held accountable for it in a court of law.

MasterPieceArms.com:

After your excellent reply, I will kindly try to explain what I mean with my statement. If you have an accidental discharge with one of your guns and it is found out that you disabled the safety, the court will find you liable for the discharge simply because they will find you to exhibit wreckless behavior. Sir, that is fact and not suspiscion or supposition. If you alter your gun in any way these days and you have an accident, you will be held responsible by any simpleton lawyer simply because of the way our courts will hold you up to the microscope just for being a gun owner.

All that was said to warn you and not to tick you off or to make light of you or anything else. If you disagree with that, I am sorry for you because in this day of litigation, liability inusrance wouldn't even cover you either if you had it in a case just like the one we are discussing simply because you disabled the very thing that the courts believe make a gun safe. You have to understand the courts these days aren't logical most of the time. They operate out of fear and throw logic out the window most of the time.

Please don't get me wrong about this, I agree that a safety gets more people hurt these days more than anything else other than believing a gun is unloaded which both are poor reasons for pulling the trigger without first checking, but we arent discussing you pulling the trigger intentionally here. The point of my statement is simply that accidents will happen even to the best gun handlers that know everything about gun safety. I really would think that even a man such as yourself would understand that is why they were put on guns to begin with, to make little old ladies who will be sitting on your jury feel much better about their grandson using his rifle out in the back yard. They are used to make someone feel safe. You already realize that much or you wouldn't have posted about it to begin with bragging about it like you did.

There are a lot of safeties that are usless and some that simply are poorly designed, but they are supposedly the last line of defense against an accidental discharge even for terrific gun handlers like yourself. You see, even the most careful guy in the world who knows everything he needs to know to make sure he won't accidently shoot himself or his buddy might some day have a situation where for no apparent reason his gun goes off. We all know that it will be an accident and not your fault, but who will be blamed if it is found out that you removed the safety?

Now on that particular day if the buddy gets shot, I can guarantee you that some lawyer will read about the story and then go talk to your buddy's family and sue you for everything you are worth. Please believe me when I tell you that when everything comes out in court and they find out that you remove the safeties on all of your guns, they will rake you over the coals. You go ahead and consider me an idiot if you wish, but if the day ever comes, just remember that day that someone with a little sense tried to warn you about it. That is all I tried to do was warn you. It is up to you to take it for what it is worth and do what it is that you wish to do. If there wasn't a reason to worry about it, why on earth would they put the heavy trigger pulls on a gun and tell you that if you lower the pull, they won't be held responsible for an accident? Simply because of the litigating society we live in.

Oh and by the way, if you think I am crazy for telling you all of this, call up your insurance agent and ask him if your gun goes off in your house accidently and hits a friend or relative if they will cover you and them on your liability insurance. Please be honest with him and tell him that you remove your safeties from all your guns and just want to know if he will cover you if you have an accident. Just be prepared to have your insurance canceled on you because they will drop you like a hot rock. That may be a crystal ball speaking to you, but you might ought to listen to that crystal ball.

Oh an by the way, I would think that a man in business would realize that from a business standpoint, you would understand why worrying about litigation is as important as it is. On all of those guns you have for sale, did you include the safety on any of them or did you decide to just trust in the good of all your customers and depend on them to be safe with their gun?

Last edited by cntryboy1289; November 30, 2005 at 02:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.03872 seconds with 8 queries