View Single Post
Old February 9, 2000, 07:46 PM   #7
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Erik, I understand that you're approaching the issue from an LEO perspective, but do you realize the implications of your statements?

Displaying a photocopy of the Bill of Rights and speaking of your right to keep and bare arms will get you nowhere in court. You will be branded a criminal.

Once more, well rehearsed speaches on the right to keep and bare arms will get you nowhere.

So are you suggesting that we ignore The Law in favor of some Constitutionally-challenged idiot's interpretation of the law, just to avoid a confrontation?

I think not.

As far as I'm concerned, the Constitution IS the law, and no little pissant county magistrate has the authority or right to restrict it. And I *will* argue the point in court, should it come to that.

CCW permits are, to be quite plain, ILLEGAL; illegal in concept ("...shall NOT be infringed") and in execution (requiring proof of innocence). That it makes us look good is beside the point.

If I so chose, I could go down to the sheriff's office (after disarming, of course), fill out the paperwork, plunk down my $99, get photoed and printed, and get the permit in the mail some weeks later. However, I choose to not beg and bribe for official permission to exercise a right which no man nor government may limit.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Page generated in 0.02741 seconds with 8 queries