View Single Post
Old February 11, 2000, 03:53 PM   #17
Paul Revere

TheBluesMan...

Well I don't actually "live" in Chicago, so I'm not subject to the communist dicatorship of the Daley administration and/or the Cook County Board. But even if I did, I'd ignore their infringements to our Constitution just the same. Please read between the lines.

As in all big cities where gun control laws are plentiful, the gangs rule the streets. The cops fight a seemingly endless war to prevent the hostiles from spilling over into civility. Opportunistic criminals are everywhere in big cities, and they can be brazen, fearless, and quite bold. Short of becoming another criminal statistic, those of us who reluctantly support the welfare bottom feeders with our hard earned government extorted monies, need to protect ourselves from the hard realities we all face.

It always surprises me when "outsiders" make comments about the "tough gun control laws". They DO NOT apply to you or I as Americans (non-criminals), so we need not pay attention to any of them. An American who carries a firearm is doing nothing but exercising his unalienable right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. He is NOT breaking the law!

As for cases where a law abiding person was arrested for no other reason than carrying a concealed firearm, I know of none. The most recent case I can remember was an old man (in Chicago proper) who used his handgun to defend his property, and NO charges were filed against him. Furthermore, the so-called "Safe Neighborhood Act" in Chicago which made it a felony if you (an innocent citizen) were caught with a firearm (among many other things), was recently voided because of its "Constitutionality" so said the Illinois Supreme Court.

I just don't understand why upstanding Americans fear exercising their unalienable rights...God given rights...Constitutionally protected rights. Submitting to tyranny in progress perhaps...not me.

[This message has been edited by Paul Revere (edited February 11, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries