View Single Post
Old March 10, 2008, 06:53 PM   #21
Socrates

Hi
Local ranges don't really go for putting stuff in front of you, so I haven't bought a chrono, though on a week day they might go for it. My actual chrono results were from testing at my gunsmiths.

The .475JRH short is one of the many, not so well publicized rounds Jack thinks up. He likes heavy bullets at low velocity, and, he's always trying to figure how to pack more punch into a smaller package. Things like a .357 Ruger opened up for 480 Ruger.

A .500JRH light, an even smaller cartridge designed to take heavy bullets, and fit in even shorter cylinders, and smaller frames.

The .475JRH short is Jacks new pistol cartridge idea. Keep in mind that Jack was the one that redesigned the .475 Linebaugh, by turning the rim down, so it would fit in a FA revolver, and, now, that's the industry standards.

The .475JRH short is based on a rifle case, cut down, and, is an auto pistol cartridge that we hope will fit in standard 1911 sized pistols, with just a mag and barrel swap. We'll see, since #1 is still being built.

I've decided I want #2 # 3, and, I have my own ideas about what the best bullet choice is. I've bought a ton of 325 grain Flat point .475 bullets, and, less but 265 grain Hawk Auto .475 bullets. I think once I do the recoil math, I might be able to get the 265 to do about 1100 or 1200 fps, yet still have recoil right around the 45 Super range.
Advantage of a big case, again.

Jacks goal was a 300 grain bullet at 800 fps.

I'll get some pics, and post the bullets soon.

Page generated in 0.03106 seconds with 8 queries