View Single Post
Old September 29, 2001, 08:02 AM   #2
Double Naught Spy

Sorry, I have no answer for you. I am glad you posted the query. I have done the same patterning with my 18" barrel shotgun and found that while being blasted from a shotgun may be very lethal at indoor distances, there isn't much scatter from the scattergun. Aiming is a necessity.

At the longest distnace within my home, a long hall of 47 feet, bird shot only expands about four feet, about the width of the hall. 00 tactical buck is closer to 1.5 - 2.0 feet. I was shocked to find that if the gun was pointed straight down my hall and at torso level, the bad guy was at the other end, I could still miss.

I assume that the "duck bill" would create or allow for more left/right spred and preclude up/down spread? If so, something imortant to remember is that to get the full benefit of the gun, it should not be shot while tilted on its side. Then your left/right spread would turn into and up/down spread.

Page generated in 0.02766 seconds with 8 queries