View Single Post
Old June 19, 2000, 05:51 PM   #1
RickD

I tried to post this in my other thread but it wouldn't take it. Soooo....

I got this from someone I trust implicitly--

Here is the latest info forwarded from the Libertarian County Chair in Phoenix

<snip>
BATF phone number - 602-776-5400
Public information officer - Tom Mangan

Friday search warrant at his house (Robert Wilson Stewart) was acted on by the BATF
because,... he had a previous felony - felony for possession of machine guns 1994 out of Utah. Did a couple of years.

The chronology of the investigation went something like this; the Firearm Technical Branch of the BATF determined that these "kits" were readily able to be turned into a firearm and therefore IS a firearm,.. sooooooooo, they must/may have/probably been converted so the judge issued the warrent based on these facts and the fact that he was a past felon.

Mr. Mangan of the BATF kept putting me on hold and coming back to ask me more questions
about who I was and what interest I had in the story. I told him who I was [Libertarian County Chair] and that we publish a Libertarian Tabloid and had planned to raffle off at least one of the "kits" for a fund raiser and that this arrest would be GREAT publicity for the raffle.....

on hold again........

I then asked why they waited until now since the production of these 'Kits" have been known for a long time.....

on hold again......

He asked if he could call me back. Sure. Here's my phone numbers. But I'll be unavailable after 45 min. So please get right back to me, I have many questions .
<snip>

Ernie loves publicity,

Rick

Page generated in 0.02659 seconds with 8 queries