View Single Post
Old May 13, 2007, 08:56 AM   #2
629 shooter

I bought my first Savage last year (12BVSS .223) - although it is a varmint style instead of the tactical model like yours. But the 10FP HS Precision is a major upgrade from the standard 10FP with the plastic stock.

I had considered adding a 10FP HS later and they were available online for $659 at the time. I snoozed and they were all sold by the time I got serious. Yours sounds like a shooter , which is not a surprise - the Savage reputation for out of the box affordable accuracy is well deserved!

The ability to change barrels with a few basic tools was a selling point to me also. I figured a match barrel would be a future upgrade. Well the 12BVSS shoots so well that the match barrel is on hold for now!

I had a Sharp Shooter Supply trigger installed , the Accu-Trigger was good but the SSS trigger is great. I could not get my Accu-Trigger to adjust below 2.25lbs which is still great for out of the box but the SSS trigger is a crisp 13oz which is a lot better for my target use.

Thanks for the review!

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries