View Single Post
Old August 21, 2007, 08:49 PM   #9
DaddyMack

Fellas,

Thanks for the replies. I've attached a couple of pix for reference. Here's the next course of action.

1. I'm going shooting this weekend (I hope) and will see if I just having a bad day before...doubtful, 'cause I was dead center on a couple of other iron sight rifles we were shooting that day. But, one thing I've learned...I'm never always perfect.

2. Check with some other gun-savvy bro's here local and see if there is something mechanically amiss that I can't see.

3. I'll adjust my sight allignment (the way I'm using the sight). I think there may be something to this line...as ashamed as I am to admit it. I was lining up the way I was taught, and I think that I may be too far "down" on the rear sight.

Will let y'all know how it turns out.

mack

PS...just 'cuz we learn something new every day. I have a friend who is a professional big game hunter and guide. He's been shootin' longer than I've been alive (and that's sayin' something...about him, not me). He had a rifle that shot way left. Tried everything he could think of to fix it. Ended up taking it to a smith who zeroed up the gun by doing some fancy drilling at the end of the barrell. I can't explain it, but it straightened that gun out. I don't think that's something I need to pursue, but mentioned it...well, really 'cause this seems to be the kind of place that folks are interested in that sort of thing.

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries