View Single Post
Old April 21, 2024, 10:43 PM   #27
bamaranger

Days #13 & 14

-Day #13-19April
I drag my carcass out of bed early and suit up, but there is a light drizzle and thunder to the west. I figure I can drive to a spot, sleep in the truck, then hit the woods when it breaks. Right. About the time I put the gun in the Toyota, a tremendous wave of thunderstorms rolls in. Serious lightning, wind and rain. Back to bed and I need it. I lollygag around all day and finally run over to PK's place to hunt his back hayfield late that evening. Just going through the motions, I hear and see nothing.

-Day/hunt #14, 20 April
Once again a rocking line of thunderstorms rolls thru at daybreak and I sleep in. That evening I get a better start and set a up deke and a blind on the Mud Club, not far from where I roosted the tom a few days before. At 6:00PM. later than I would have thought a lone hen pops out on the food plot and walks quickly to within just a couple of feet of my lone hen deke. She purrs softly a couple of times, clucks, the cocks her head and neck in a hilarious "S" shape....as if to say "ain't you stuck up". The live bird pecks and feeds about for the next 45 minutes, then drifts off to roost, though I never heard her go up, perhaps she's on a nest right close.

Page generated in 0.03034 seconds with 8 queries