Thread: Botach Tactical
View Single Post
Old January 21, 2000, 11:39 PM   #3
jthuang

bullseye,

I saw that sale too -- they originally posted that the sale would run from 1/6 to 1/31 but then they changed it to end on 1/13.

Botach can be tricky to deal with, it seems. Do a search for Botach on glocktalk.com and you'll hear some real horror stories. The real problem is if something is out of stock -- they'll charge your credit card the same day and make you wait for weeks until the product arrives. Or sometimes they just botch your order and send you a holster for a HK USP when you wanted a holster for your Glock 23.

I have ordered from Botach twice (including during their most recent Millennium sale) and have found the following "trick" to be the most effective way of ordering items from them, hassle-free.

Call them first, to make sure the item is in stock. Notice that their "Millennium sale" was only on "in-stock" items. Once they confirm that the items you want (specifically) are in stock, order via their web site. Ordering via the web site reduces the chance that they'll screw things up, since all the specs are laid out for you.

Lastly, a day later, you should call and make sure they got your order and that they got it correctly. One guy on glocktalk waited for weeks before finding out that they "never received his order".

I hate to admit this, but I may have contributed to your problem with Botach. I ordered an Aimpoint Comp M and Aimpont quick release mount during their Millennium sale. But since two other people on AR15-L mentioned that they too had ordered Aimpoints and mounts during their sale, there's less than a 33% chance it was me who caused your scope to be out of stock.

Justin

Page generated in 0.02297 seconds with 8 queries